Our vein clinics serve Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the surrounding metro area
At Metro Vein and Cosmetic Surgery we have comfortable treatment options for our patients. Our patient care coordinators help you navigate through the insurance maze. Our patients have direct access to our specialists and our focus is your goals of treatment. We have clinics in Fridley, Edina and Burnsville. If you would like to set up an initial consultation or speak directly with one of our doctors, click here or give us a call now at 612-326-6390.
Most of our Medicare patients with vein disease complain of the following symptoms
- leg pain
- swollen legs
- Aching legs
- bulging veins
- restless leg syndrome
Most of our Medicare patients with vein disease will see on the following evidence of vein disease on their legs
- blue veins
- bulging veins
- spider veins
- phlebitis ( red, hard, painful varicose veins )
- Skin discoloration near or around the ankles. You may see redness or dark pigmentation and or
- Skin breakdown mostly at the ankles. This is also known as leg ulcer.
Or their doctor would have told them that they have
- varicose veins
- venous stasis
This very common disease can be treated and we treat vein disease using
- rf ablation ( Radiofrequency ablation )
- Stab phlebectomy
We specialize in treatment of
- Varicose veins: These are large, swollen, bluish veins that run just below the surface of theskin. The varicose veins can cause leg ache, leg pain, cramping and/or swelling. When veins valves get destroyed, the blood starts to flow backward, which causes blood to pool and varicose veins to form. Being a woman, genetics, being pregnant and old age are the most common risk factors. We have patient care coordinators who help our patients navigate the insurance benefits.
TREATMENT: Traditionally varicose veins were stripped surgically, which was painful and had a long recovery period. We offer state-of-the-art, minimally invasive treatments.
- Spider Veins are red or blue veins visible on the surface of the skin and are mostcommonly seen on the legs. They can be caused by a backup of blood from varicose veins. Spider veins alone are mainly a cosmetic concern however, if your spider veins are accompanied by symptoms like leg pain and swelling you likely have varicose veins.
TREATMENT: We treat Spider veins with sclerotherapy. Dr. Afzal has performed more than 120,000 injections.
- Venous Stasis
Venous stasis occurs when the skin of the lower legs changes as a result of chronic poor venous blood flow. The skin becomes discolored – turning a brown or red shade – with hardening of the skin, due to the constant pooling of blood in the lower legs. Venous stasis is a sign of progressive varicose vein disease, so prompt treatment is vital.
There are now state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive treatments available to help close varicose veins without removing them. These treatments help improve blood flow and alleviate symptoms, so you can start looking and feeling great again.
- Leg Ulcers
Venous skin ulcers are shallow wounds that occur when the leg veins don’t return blood back to the heart the way they should. These ulcers usually form around the ankles and may or may not be painful. Venous skin ulcers are a sign of severe varicose vein disease, and the skin may begin to break down or bleed if left untreated.
There are now state-of-the-art, minimally-invasive treatments available to help close varicose veins without removing them. These treatments help improve blood flow and alleviate symptoms and help resolve venous stasis ulcers. Our board-certified physician Dr. Afzal specializes in the treatment of venous stasis ulcers.
Schedule a Free Consult
[contact-form-7 id=”947″ title=”Contact Form”]
Twin City Locations
With three locations in the Twin Cities area, Metro Vein and Cosmetic Surgery is the logical, convenient choice for your vein care, liposuction, hair restoration or med spa needs. We now offer Saturday appointments to make scheduling even easier for you!